Sunday 28 December 2014

A DAY IN FLOOD RELIEF CENTRE - S.K. LASAH






Today is the second time I came to this centre. I have been here on Christmas Day! This is a Malay majority centre.

I rushed to this centre once I was informed the centre lack of volunteers for cooking. Foods are plenty. Cooking utensils are complete. Calls, wechat and watsapp to all my networks. Committee members form KSK Jalong, KRT Taman-Taman Muhibbah responded positively!

  
getting ready to distribute food

Sungai Siput Red Crescent (PBSM) was appointed to take care of the meals in the centre. Cooking utensils were sent by PBSM HQ but ... My previous visit, the kitchen was under the care of JPAM. They shall be here till the centre closed however due to unforeseen circustances, they left early. Luckily, a group of PBSM volunteers from Kuala Kangsar - Larut Matang came and take over the kitchen for a short stint. They are living in the evening. 

.
preparing 'cucuk' for hi-tea

No worry, the kitchen will be under the care of KSK Jalong, KRT Taman-Taman Muhibbah volunteers till tomorrow afternoon. The PBSM Tanjung Malim shall arrive tomorrow evening for replacement

 
preparing dinner

In my mind, why those who stay in the relief centre volunteer themselves to cook? They have nothing to do all day. A man said ... eat and sleep ... 

'cucur' for hi-tea











No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sungai Siput, Perak, Malaysia

Blog Archive

Followers